Thursday, July 28, 2011

The Secret to the College Application Process?

This is my first blog and honestly, I'm writing this out of pure boredom. But I guess it's good for me to help share my experiences with others. Every blog post is going to be pretty short and right to the point. Every blog post is going to be about something I learned that I wish I knew at the beginning or some helpful advice.

So anyways, what is the answer to the title of the post? Honestly, there is none. College admissions is such a hit or miss process and whether you believe in luck or not, there's a lot of that in there too. Of course if you have a sub 3.0 GPA or a sub 1800 SAT score your chances at Harvard is not great. (Unless you cured cancer?) Actually, on second thought I don't think anyone really has a "great shot"... However I have seen people defy the odds and make it into institutions with less than average statistics. As corny as it sounds, you have to believe it when colleges say that your application is a "holistic process". They look at the whole you and that may explain why your lower numbers got you into Ivy A instead of sub-Ivy B. That's the only piece of serenity I can find in the chaos I find in the game that is college admissions.

No comments:

Post a Comment